Since we eat paleo, I got used to make this pancakes on sunday morning. No flour here, there’s two base ingredients : bananas and eggs.
There’s a lot of banana-egg pancakes out there, I can’t even remember the first blog where I saw this recipe but I think the OG is Mark Sisson. He does his pancakes with 2 bananas for 1 egg and almond butter.
After several tries, I’ve been doing this version for a few sundays. I like this one because it’s simple and I always have these ingredients at hand. Don’t hesitate to make your own changes !
This recipe also works in it’s simplest state : 1:1 banana-egg, a pinch of salt and here we go !
Paleo sunday pancakes
Preparation time : 5min
Cooking time : 3-5min per pancake
Ingredients for about 6 little pancakes :
- 2 riped bananes (also works with fresh bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tbps coconut flour
- 1-2 tbps maple syrup
- cinnamon per taste (I put quite a lot in it)
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of sodium bicarbonate
- In a bowl, smash the bananas until you get the texture you want (I like to leave a few chunks of banana for a more homemade feel)
- Add the eggs, mix well together. Add the coconut flour and the maple syrup. Mix together.
- Finally, add the pinch of salt, the sodium bicarbonate and the cinnamon.
- Put coconut oil (or another good grease) in a heating pan.
- Pour a little bit of dough and decrease the heat. The pancakes have to cook slowly for a successful flip !
Pour some maple syrup on the pancakes when finished. You can also add some fruits, here I used some acidulate apples for flavor balance !
I always break a few while flipping them but it doesn’t take anything on their flavor 🙂
Bon appétit and happy sunday !